Rafferty, a professor in the Department of Languages
and Cultures of Asia, specializes
in Indonesian language and culture, sociolinguistics, national language
development, and language teaching materials and methods. Currently,
her research focuses on Malay varieties in late 19th and early 20th
century Netherlands Indies. She has also been awarded several Department
of Education grants to create materials for the acquisition of the
Indonesian language. In addition to textbooks, She developed the interactive website Warung Sinema, that offers multimedia, listening comprehension lessons based on clips from popular Indonesian films. Currently, she is developing a second interactive website, Ayo Membaca, that offers multimedia, reading lessons based on texts selected from the mass media.
For more information please visit Professor Rafferty's Department of Languages and Cultures of Asia homepage.
- Lit in Trans 379: Modern Indonesian Literature in Translation
- Lang 430, Anthro 430:
Language and Culture
- Lang 755 Seminar in Indonesian Literature
- ** Professor Rafferty also teaches
and supervises Indonesian language instruction
- -- Ayo Berbahasa Indonesia: An Oral Proficiency Text (forthcoming 2012), two-volume reader.
- -- Asyik Berbahasa Indonesia: A Grammar Practice Text (forthcoming 2012), three-volume reader.
- -- Nah Baca! Authentic
Indonesian Readings (1998), two-volume reader.
- -- Putu Wijaya in Performance:
An Approach to Indonesian Theater (1989)
- -- Discourse Structures
of Chinese Indonesians of Malang (1982)
- How to contact Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 608-263-2789
6313 Social Science
(Mail to: 1242 Van Hise)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Madison, WI 53706